Spatial Reference System
Summary: A process that allows you to specify the Spatial Reference System for an OGR datasource.
Input: This process has no input.
- Description: A Spatial Reference System for an OGR datasource.
- Coordinate System Geographical or Projected.
- Datum Datum specifies the reference sphere to be used to display the data source.
- Projection If the coordinate system is projected, indicates the projection to use to project the sphere onto a flat surface.
- UTM Hemisphere If projection selected is UTM, indicates the UTM hemisphere.
- UTM Zone If projection selected is UTM, indicates the UTM zone.
When you are working with an OGR vector data source (such as a .SHP file), and the data source does not have an accompanying .PRJ file, WorldView automatically displays the SRS Wizard to prompt you for the required georeferencing information and stores the information in the Spatial Reference System process.
If you need to change any of the SRS attributes, click the Change SRS Attributes button to launch the SRS Wizard.
A more detailed explanation of spatial reference systems can be found here: Map Projection