Mask by Area
Summary: This process masks input coverage based on a mask geometry.
- Input Coverage (1 Coverage) The main data input coverage which is being masked.
- AOI Geometry (1 Feature) The Area of Interest (AOI) geometry used to mask the input coverage.
- Description: A new coverage that has the data of the data coverage masked by the AOI input geometry.
- Operating Mode Defines how the mask geometry will be used.
This process is used to mask a coverage data set using the geometry from a different process. The process can return either the coverage data inside the AOI Geometry, or the coverage data outside the AOI Geometry.
To specify what coverage data you want the process to return:
1. In the Pipeline Editor, double-click the name of the Mask By Area process to open the Process Editor dialog box.
2. In the Process Editor dialog box, under Attributes, set the Operating Mode to one of the following:
- Return data inside the AOI geometry - Return only the data from the Data Coverage that is inside the AOI Geometry.
- Return data outside the AOI geometry - Return only the data from the Data Coverage that is outside the AOI Geometry.
The default value for the Operating Mode attribute is Return data outside the AOI geometry.
If you have a good world data set but only want the data for Alberta, and you have a second data set that has a geometry which covers Alberta, you could mask the world data set (the Data Coverage input) with the Alberta geometry (the AOI Geometry input) and choose the Return data inside the AOI geometry operating mode.